- The general gist
- No use of Liingo Eyewear Website by persons under the age of 13
- Information we collect from or about you
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- How we protect your information
- Social Media
- Social Networks
- Public Conduct
- Links to other websites and services that don’t belong to us
- Cookies (yum), Beacons, Pixels, etc.
- Your access to and choices about your information
- Browser do not track
- DITTO - Virtual Try On
- Contact Us
We love kids and take the safety of children very seriously. This Website is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide any information on this Website or through any of its features. Liingo Eyewear does not knowingly collect or use personal information from persons under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete that information. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected]Information we collect
The information we collect from you varies, depending on how you are using our Website. Below, are the various ways we collect different kinds of information from or about you.Personal Information You Provide To Us
When you use our Website, we collect information that you choose to give us. That information is different depending on the scenario, but below are the types of personal information (“Personal Information”) you could give us when you use our Website:
- telephone number
- email address
- payment information
- glasses and/or contact prescription information
- a scan of your facial image and its unique proportions (if you use our virtual glasses try-on feature, Ditto. We explain more about that below)
- Email address of your friend(s) if you provide it through our Refer a Friend page
You do not need to provide your personal information in order to use our Website. Our Website does collect certain other information (“Other Information”) automatically about you though when you use our Website. This Other Information isn’t the kind of information that personally identifies you, but it’s information that our Website generally collects from anybody that uses our Website that gives us information about how people are interacting with our Website and what activity is going on our Website. Below is a list of this type of Other Information that our Website collects:
- information about your device like hardware setting, operating system, web browser type and language.
- IP address, MAC address
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g. device advertising ID)
- times you have accessed pages on our Website
- pages you have viewed
- your clicks on Website pages and how you interact with our Website
- searches you have conducted on our Website
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our Website
- records and copies of your correspondence (including emails and chats), if you contact us
- responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete
When you are viewing our Website on your mobile device or using one of our Apps, we may utilize location services on your mobile device to collect and use location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. If you consent to the utilization of location services, we may use GPS, Bluetooth, your device’s unique identifier, and/or your IP Address, along with Wi-Fi and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your device’s geolocation. This location data is utilized to initiate notifications or deliver services requested or consented to by you. We maintain location data records for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. We will collect geolocation data only if you consent, and we will notify you whether the location services will be always running or only when the App is in use. You may choose to disable location services, but if you do so, you will not receive any notifications or services that require a geolocation. Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. These controls are generally located in the device’s settings menu. You can also contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer for more information on disabling location services.How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from or about you on our Website in the following ways:
- To present our Website and its content to you
- To fulﬁll orders you place with us or to provide you with any other services that you request
- For example, we use your information to deliver and process your payments for the amazing glasses you bought, or we use your face scan so that you can use our virtual try-on feature, called Ditto, to see what the glasses you are interested look like on your wonderful face
- To contact you if we have questions or need additional information to provide you with the services you have requested.
- To inform you about changes to our website and services, such as payment reminders or notiﬁcations about important changes to our website or your account.
- To provide great customer service on your order.
- For example, we may want to contact you to see how you like the different pairs of glasses your ordered or to see if there are other glasses that may make you happier.
- To send you notices about really awesome stuff, like products, promotions, tips, surveys, contests, etc. If at any time you no longer want to hear about these things, you can opt out by visiting your email preferences page in your account.
- To analyze and improve our Website and our products and services—basically to learn how our Website is doing and make it and the stuff we offer on it better
- To prevent, detect, investigate, or remediate security or other legal concerns, including fraud
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us our users, or any other person or the copyright-protected content of the Website
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements, or respond to subpoenas or government requests
- For any other legitimate business purpose permitted by law or for which you provide consent.
- For example, we will use the email addresses of the friends you provide to offer them coupons or discounts and so they can learn more about our great products. Don’t worry because, if your friends aren’t interested in receiving emails from us, they can unsubscribe at the bottom of each email
In operating our Website and business, sometimes we share your information with others who help us with our business. Below are ways we may share information collected from or about you with third parties:
- With service providers, sellers, and partners:
- We share information about you with service providers to perform functions and process your data and to help provide our services including hosting and storage providers, payment processors etc.
- Because we can’t do everything ourselves, we share your information with those third parties we hire to do things for us. Here are a couple of examples: we share your delivery information with our service providers so that they can deliver your orders to you. Our Virtual Try On is powered by our third party service provider, DITTO, which provides the technology for us to offer that service. We share the information collected from that service with DITTO, but only so that it can provide the Virtual Try On service. We engage service providers to help us understand, analyze, and improve your experience on our Website.
- With third parties for legal or security reasons:
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of an acquisition or liquidation:
- We are involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, corporate divestiture, reorganization, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company or if we undergo liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings, we may share your information in connection with such transaction or proceeding before and or after the transaction closes or the proceedings are completed.
- With your consent. We may share information in other ways if you give us consent or direct us to do so.
- We do not share personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
The security of your Personal Information is of paramount importance to Liingo Eyewear. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, we use industry standard security technologies to ensure we’re doing our best to keep your information safe. We store your Personal Information in a password protected account so you can access it in the future by clicking on the “My Account” link at the top of the page. You are able to choose your own password for your account, and it is really important that you don’t share your account information with other people.Social Media
- For more information on how we use Twitter for marketing and tracking and how to opt-out, click here.
If you are a member of a social network or service, like Facebook or Instagram, and you use functionality available through our Website or otherwise authorize us to associate your account with us with your account on your social network or service, both we and the network or service will gather information about your behavior on the Website, and may associate that information with personal information we and the network or service already have about you.Public Conduct
If you post on our Website or social media pages in a way that is intended to be viewed by other users (collectively, "Public Conduct"), such as participating in forums, message boards and chat rooms, using your Facebook page, Twitter account or other functionality available through the Website to tag us or share glasses or other products you like or prefer from Liingo Eyewear, comment on our products, Liingo Eyewear in general, and/or other content on our Website, we and others (like the social media providers) may collect information about you as a result of your Public Conduct, and all such information will be publicly available to anyone visiting or using the Website.Links to Third Party Websites
We may use third-party service providers that collect information about users over time and across different websites in order to serve advertisements on our behalf that are more targeted and relevant to your interests. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly, such as by clicking on the "Ad Choices" icon in or around the advertisement. Some of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used for targeted advertising. For example, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") or the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"), which each provide a single location where you can opt out of certain types of data collection and use or out of receiving targeted ads from member companies. To exercise your choices, please visit the NAI's website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or the DAA's website at youradchoices.com.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.Your access to and choices about your information
If you want to know what information we have about you, please call or email us at the contact information below. If you need to update, delete, change, or exercise any choice over the information we have about you, you can also do that by contacting us. If you want to do it yourself, however, you can make changes to some of the information stored in your account, such as name, address information, prescription information, email preferences, login information, etc. by logging into your account and making changes directly. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information. We will try to update and allow you to access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will disclose the fee before we comply with your request. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful.Browser Do Not Track
Our Website does not respond to web browser “Do not track” signals at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details about Do Not Track, you can visit www.donottrack.us.DITTO - Virtual Try On
How Virtual Try on (powered by DITTO) Works: If you want to see what our glasses look like on your wonderful face, our DITTO service allows you to do that. You need a webcam or a mobile phone in order to take an image of your face. Basically, we scan an image of your face and its unique proportions, and an image is created of you, which we call a “DITTO,” that is used to put images of our glasses on. To use the tool, you must first consent to an image of your face being collected with your webcam and to our .
If you want to create a DITTO, we collect your image and the measurements of your face and its proportions, and we collect some other basic identifying information you provide to us.
How We Use Your DITTO Image: Using your DITTO, we can show you how different styles of eyeglasses will look on your face and recommend additional styles through our website, periodic emails and direct communications to you. We may use non-identiﬁable information from your DITTO to improve our internal virtual ﬁtting technology.